Web Accessibility Statement
Neighborhood Health Plan developed this Web site to ensure its content is available to the widest possible audience, including readers using assistive technology or accessibility features. By adhering to guidelines for accessible Web design, we acknowledge the diversity of communication methods, available technologies and varied user ability.
NHP strives to maintain conformance to W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
Here are some of the steps we are taking to ensure the accessibility of our web site.
- All links contain a title describing it in greater detail.
- A link containing the words "Web site" will open a new browser window linking the user to an external Web site.
- Whenever possible, links have been written to clearly articulate the target when taken out of context. Many browsers, such as JAWS, Home Page Reader, Lynx, and Opera, can extract the links contained on a page to allow the user to browse the list separately from the page context.
- All content images include descriptive ALT attributes.
- NHP.org uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- Site is designed using scalable font sizes so that browsers are able to resize text as needed.
Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. As a result there may be areas of our site that are less accessible than others during a given period of time.